Thursday, October 18, 2012

The Projects

Anyone in or near Portland who wants to take part in something new and amazing should come and check this out. The Projects is a new kind of experimental comics and narrative arts festival. Instead of the focus being on buying and selling comics, the focus is on collaborative projects, workshops, and performances, put on by some of the most creative people in comics.This is the kind of stuff that should be happening all the time in the future, if the future knows what's good for it.  I wish I could be there this year, but I'm already making a trip out to Portland for my book release at Floating World the day after Halloween and then up to Seattle for Short Run, and I can't be away from my awesome 10 month old little fellow for too long. This is hopefully the first year of many, so next year I'd like to plan something to contribute!

No comments:

Post a Comment