Friday, October 26, 2012

Soil Gallery

 I'm excited about this upcoming art show at Soil Gallery in Seattle. I think it's a great idea for a show. It explores the creative process of 20 artists who will all be at Short Run. It'll feature doodles on scrap paper, brainstorm drawings, and sketches alongside finished pieces. It should be pretty interesting! I won't make it to the November first opening because I'll be doing a book release event at Floating World that night in Portland, but I'm planning on checking it out the following day when I take the bus up with some good friends.
 Here's a ripped out page from a random sketchpad that's in the show. It's probably one of the loosest drawings I've done that I'm actually still happy with. The bird of excitement has infiltrated the palace of boredom!
Here's another doodle from the show. I have so many crazy piles of fast little drawings like this lying around. It was fun to have an excuse to dig through a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment