Thursday, October 28, 2010

Back from adventures and leaving again

--- I got back from an amazing trip about a week ago, but things have been too crazy to sit down and write about it. I flew down to San Fransisco, was picked up by Sam, in his truck filled with everything he owns, including his house plants.
--- We drove down to stay with our dear friend, Luke Lamar, who lives at Looking Glass Studios in Carmel. Him and his roommates Dan and Marlin live in a crazy clubhouse environment filled with paintings in progress, recording equipment, and rope swings. Much time was spent on various roof tops. I've got to get back down there for a longer visit soon.

---We then headed back up to San Fransisco for a great time at the Alternative Press Expo. Thanks to everyone who came by and supported my work!
---I helped my brother load up a U-Haul the next day and drove his car up to Portland for him. It's amazing having him in the same town as me again. We've been wanting to do some stop motion animation collaborations for years now, and it's looking like we can finally get started! His Stop Motion Film "El Diablo" just got accepted for the ASIFA Hollywood Student Film Festival, which is happening on the same day as my Solo Show!
---Next stop: LA! for my Solo Show at Giant Robot!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are on your way and your bro is close to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a good trip. Happy I got to pick up some new stuff at APE.

    You have amazing eyes.

    ReplyDelete