Wednesday, April 18, 2012

inspiration

I've been collecting pictures that I love into a slide show that plays on my computer when it goes into screen saver mode. It's nice to be able to look up from my drawing table and see images that keep me charged. It's made my computer become less of a stressful object and more of an inspiration machine. Collecting these images has made me realize just how floored I am by native ceremonial costumes from all over the world.
The Asaro River People, New Guinea.
Koskimo Dancer, North West Coast of America.
The Bapende People, Zaire

4 comments:

  1. These are awesome--I've never explored this type of imagery, and am intrigued

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theo, have you seen Nick Cave yet?? Not the singer. Soundsuits! Inspired by African masquerades and Mardi Gras. I love the Cross River region of Nigeria and Cameroon. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwupTQt9zxY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I absolutely love Nick Cave's sound suits! They totally drive me crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photographs! I also am inspired by old cultures and mythology as well. I saw in your sidebar you're a fan of Adolf Wolfli, me too. I saw his work in a outsider museum overhere. Absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete