Friday, August 26, 2011

Goodbye, Guapo Comics!

I'm going to miss this place. I was thrilled to discover a great comics shop 6 blocks from my house when I first moved to Portland 5 years ago. Since then, the owners, Allie and Jeremy have become friends of mine. Guapo comics has been an amazing community hub. They've supported my books, I've contributed to their art shows, read my work at events, and met friends there to draw for as long as I've lived here. It's hard to picture the neighborhood without them. I've heard that the coffee shop half of Guapo will be sticking around, so at least there will still be a place to draw near my house. Allie and Jeremy just welcomed their daughter, Clementine into the world, and I'm excited for them and their next big chapter. Tonight's their big blowout sale and party. I'm heading over there soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment