Friday, November 4, 2011

New life

Thank you to everyone who came out to the art opening last night. It definitely made me nostalgic to be showing work at Pony Club again. It's good to see the gallery being run by such a great group of artists. The fact that my son is going to be born any time now made it feel like an especially monumental occasion. The waiting is getting suspenseful. Our friend Aimee Swallow made a belly cast of Heather and we hung it in the window of the gallery. Aimee painted the outside and it looks amazing. I'll post a picture as soon as I can get a good photo, but until then, this is the inside, negative space that I painted myself.

The show will be up all month if anyone wants to see it. above is the Understanding Monster Mask I made.


This one is a parallel reality shock absorption mask. The idea is that if you witness a parallel reality, putting on this mask will help your brain cope with the shock, so you can enjoy yourself instead of freaking out. It's good to be prepared.


I'll post the rest of the art soon, including the large scale drawing I finished for it. Good times!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, congrats! I didn't know you guys were going to have a baby. I love the painting you did on the inside of the cast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work, as always. Congrats on your show, and on your soon to be son.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This belly cast is awesome! I love both sides (I saw Aimee's side on fb)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spy a hint of Escher's infinity in there.. with the picture inside the picture inside the picture inside the picture.

    ReplyDelete